Do you have an idea that solves a business or social challenge? We are calling all undergraduate student inventors, problem solvers and entrepreneurs to apply for a chance to win up to $2,000 to use for building their inventions, mentoring, and resources. The cash prize for the first round is up to $2,000. Winners that go on to the next round can get up to $3,000 in additional funding.
- Social Innovation Projects (projects that may have a social impact)
- Innovative Projects (general track for all other innovative projects)
Video proposals will be evaluated on level of innovation, commercial potential, competitive advantage and potential for making an impact.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 17, 2017, 11:59 PM
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a 3 to 5 minute (max) video proposal and a preliminary spending budget for use of the $2,000 to build your invention. The quality of video production is not a criteria, feel free to use your phone or OneButton studio in Price Center.
Your video proposal should answer the following questions: (Be specific in your responses).
- What’s your idea or product?
- What problem will your idea solve?
- Who will benefit from your solution?
- Identify any similar products on the market, and explain how yours is better.
- How will you use the funds if awarded?
- Who are you? (brief bio of you and your team, if team application)
Submit video proposals and preliminary budgets by January 17, 2017 11:59pm in order to be considered for selection. To enter the competition, submit a Video Application and a Preliminary Spending Budget for use of the $2,000 prize if awarded in order to prove your concept.
Applicants must be current UC San Diego undergraduate students. Single member and team (2-4 member) proposals accepted. All current undergraduate students, ideas, disciplines, and majors welcomed.